Sunday, November 18, 2012

Interview with Jamie Salisbury - women's fiction author



I'd like to introduce you to a dear author friend of mine, Ms. Jamie Salisbury who was kind enough to grant me this interview during her very busy schedule and release of Tudor Rubato the second book following the very successful Tudor Rose, which I totally recommend you read first! Also just released in time for the holidays is the fantastic BOX SET just screaming to be bought and read!!



1 Jamie, what is the single most defining moment to date in your writing career?

Hmmm, just one? I would say it would have to be when I saw my first book for sale on Amazon. That was pretty amazing for me. I was now living my dream of being a published author.

2 What is your favorite character that you created and why?

Hmmmm - that's a tough one. I am torn on which one to choose!

3 Do you find a piece of yourself in your characters? Explain please?

Yes, I think any writer is going to find some piece of themselves in their characters. You, as the writer may not see it at first, but it's there, no matter how minute that thread is there between you and your character.

4 In all the books you've read, what is your favorite book to date?

I honestly can say I do not have a favorite book because every time I say that another comes along that I like even better. I do however, love classics. 

5 In your latest series which brother is your favorite and why?

Amadeus without a doubt! He's just special. . .
I would like to perhaps once I'm finished telling Amadeus and Zara's story to go back in and do one on Angus (who has a large part in the sequel I'm working on) and another on Amadeus' oldest brother, Damien. I'd like to focus on Damien and what he was like before he had his stroke, and how he influenced Amadeus.

6 How has your life impacted your writing, or has it?

I'd like to think that it makes me look at things a little differently. I'm always looking at a lot of things like "Well how could I make that into a story". That and the fact that it takes up so much of my time - which I love!


7 Being an accomplished photographer, does this transfer over into your writing style?

To some degree. I look at things  with a little more detail and from different angles like I would in photography. 

8 What piece of advice would you give a "new" author?

To write, to always keep writing. It's your dream and you can do it, but you have to keep writing.

9 Do you regret being an indie published author, explain please

No, never!  I've never regretted becoming a indie published author. Sure I don't get the "big bucks" or all the publicity a traditional publishing house can crank out, but then I wouldn't have control of my work if I was with one. Being an indie published author I am in charge of what I write, when it is published, where it is distributed, whether I want print books or not (NOT). I decide what my cover is going to look like. I decide everything. When I first went into this it was because eBooks were (and still are) the hot new thing. It opened up a whole new frontier for writers, still does. There are some fantastic authors out there, whom we wouldn't have ever heard about if they weren't indie published.

10 What writing piece are you working on now?

A couple of things. . .I'm working on the sequel to Tudor Rubato, which is titled Tudor Ritenudo. I also have the sequel to Timeless Sojourn almost finished, along with the final installment of my Perpetual historical cowboy series. And if that's not enough to work on, I have a couple stand alone projects in various stages of development or writing!

11 What makes you get up everyday eager to write?

Ah, trick question! I don't get up eager to write every single day, but I do write. Some days it is with passion, others not so much. A lot has to do with the world right around me, a lot has to do with what I'm writing. I may need a jump start if I'm in a difficult scene or I may need to put it down and get out and recharged. Then other times, there is so much passion I cannot wait to get back into it - or I don't stop until I've finished.


12 Do you believe in true love? Does it influence your books?

I would like to believe there is such a thing as true love.  As in most things in my life, I'm a skeptic. But yes, I'd say that it does influence my books. Because as a writer if it's not actually happening in my real life, I can simply write about it in my books and dream.

13 What genre have you not written that you would perhaps consider?

Paranormal, fantasy, sci fi. I have dabbled a bit at trying to write a paranormal book, but it's sitting because I'm not sure if it's silly or if it has potential.

Jamie I'd like to thank you so much for taking time out of your hectic schedule and talking with me, it's an honor to have you as my first author to interview on my blog, I think your books are incredible, your characters come to life from the very beginning and I found myself completely in love with Amadeus!  Good Luck in your future endeavors! 

 
To contact or view any of Ms. Salisbury's releases here are her links:
Jamie Salisbury
Women's Fiction Author
Timeless Sojourn 
Timeless Wayfaring (coming early 2013)
Tudor Rose 
Tudor Rubato
Perpetual Love
Perpetual Emotions 
Blood Lust
Twitter: @JamieRSalisbury


3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Jane! Thank you so much for having me on your blog! I'll check back throughout the day and answer questions, etc.
    Remember that all who leave a comment are immediately put in the pot for a huge, growing swag bag at the end of the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice interview ladies. i like how honest you were Jamie about your writing, havent read any yet but i definitely look into them. wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie!
      Thanks! Hope you'll give my books a read sometime!

      Delete